PVC Valves – Purpose and Features Compared to Metal Valves

PVC valves made out of additives that are appropriate provide the desirable chemical and physical grip. Even though they’ve limited usage in warm applications, advances in PVC technology have allowed fabricating of the valves with moderate tolerance to medium range temperatures. In a similarity with their metal counterparts, plastic valves are machined using similar CNC machining centres and lathes, however the regions of the PVC valves are joined using threaded joints or cement or secured using attachments.

Purpose of PVC valves:

Perhaps one of the most common reasons for the failure of traditional https://www.kplokusa.com metal-based valves is corrosion. Corrosion affects industries such as chemical processing, nuclear power production, onshore and offshore oil and gas, underground pipeline, water treatment, sewage treatment and treatment, highway maintenance, aviation, and metalwork. Furthermore, alternatives for a corrective actions along with a preventative activity are all limited. Pervasive character of rust in certain businesses made them look for other options such as PVC valves as they certainly were virtually unaffected by rancid air. What’s more, smooth surfaces are more resistant to scaling and allow much better flow speeds, while outside surfaces require no additional coating to protect the shell from ecological damage. PVC valves avert any organic growth, making it suited to ultra-pure applications such as semiconductor manufacturing and manufacturing of polymers. Servicing of the plastic valves is relatively easier since no particular gear or tackles are required to disassemble the valves also allows on-site servicing requiring minimal downtime. These features made it desirable in some industries.

Top features of PVC valves:

As mentioned previously, PVC valves provide non-corrosive, non-contaminating, and How Monoflange valve works smooth coating for process fluids. Besides these types of properties, they’re much lighter than alloy valves of sizes. The PVC valves provide immunity to acid along with corrosion and so they repel any formation of scale on the surface due to these smoothness. As compared with metal valves, integration using plastic pipes and fittings are easier with PVC valves. According to the life cycle assessment of PVC commissioned by the European Commission, the normal lifecycle of PVC water pipes vary between 40 and 80 years and consequently a conservative estimate of their PVC valves’ lifecycle is close to 10-20 decades ago This compares favorably to other alternatives as a result of their use of diminished non renewable resources i.e. 57 percent of PVC is derived from sodium and the remaining 43% is got from oil/gas. Most of the PVC valves may handle pressure of up to 150 lbs/sq. In, that will be lower for some piping sizes at the program 80 threaded piping strategy. Due to presence of more than fifty per cent chlorine at the PVC, PVC valves are fireresistant. Even if the valves have been burned, they emit hydrogen chloride gas which prevents oxygen from reaching the surface and hence prevents quicker reaction. The valves provide excellent chemical compatibility with additives, alkalis, oxidizing agents, as well as acids. In addition, they offer reasonable compatibility with organic detergents. Since PVC has easy processing faculties, the desirable specification for the valves can be gained. PVC valves are rather more affordable than alloy valves due low-weight and discounted of base stuff. These valves may also be exceptionally resistant to ultraviolet rays, which makes them convenient for UV sensitive software such as photographic material. Their no-reaction characteristic with the majority of organic and non-organic material makes them suitable for handling health and physiological fluids.


The PVC valves have deciphered both the domestic and industrial market due to their performance traits and advantages they give over the valves crafted from other materials.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *